Effective Date: August 28, 2020
neatleaf, Inc. provides data analysis and automation solutions, including but not limited to sensors, actuators, and data processing tools, to help our customers improve farming efficiency.
Categories of Information and Specific Pieces of Personal Information We Collect
We collect both Personal Information and Anonymous Information. We may combine Personal Information and Anonymous Information to create Aggregate Information. We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, such as first name, last name, email address, phone number, company, mailing address, and country.
- Information you provide when you contact us to ask a question regarding our Services, or that you may provide us as part of ongoing feedback and survey responses about the Services, or that you may provide when obtaining technical support.
- If you purchase products and services as part of our Services, you may provide us or our third-party payment processors with your credit card number or other billing information.
- Information you provide if you choose to participate in a sweepstakes or other promotion we offer.
- Usage, viewing and technical information, such as your IP Address, device identifier, operating system, browser type, the web pages or apps you review before or after reviewing our website, how much time you spend on each page, the frequency with which you visit various parts of our Services, when you visit our Services, or open emails we send.
Sources from Which Your Information is Collected
- We collect information you provide to us when you request or use our products and services, respond to surveys, or otherwise interact with us. For example, when you register, you will create a user account. Your account will contain personal information that you submit to us during the registration process, such as your name, email address, or other contact information. Please note: you may delete or modify personal information from your profile at any time via the tools available on our webpage; for any additional modification, please contact us as set forth in Section 10 below. A valid request to delete personal information will be accommodated within a reasonable time.
- We collect information via Web Beacons. We may place Web Beacons on Site pages or emails, and we collect information from them such as whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. Please note: you may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is set, and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Provide you with the products and services you request.
- To identify you and associate you with the information you provide if you make a verifiable request that we disclose any personal information we previously collected about you.
- Personalize our products and services for you.
- Communicate with you about your account and send you information about our products and services or changes to our policies.
- Help us better understand how our Services are used so that we are able to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. In particular, we use IP Addresses to analyze trends, administer the website, and gather information for aggregate use.
- Send you offers and promotions for our products or Services.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Services.
- Release anonymous information gathered from users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that make us or others uncomfortable, may violate our policies, or may be illegal.
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
International Data Transfers
When you submit personal information to us, you understand and agree that this information may be transferred across national boundaries, and it may be stored and processed in another country which may not provide privacy protections similar with those your country provides.
Sharing your Information with Others
We do not share your personal information with other companies without your prior consent except in the following circumstances.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party vendors and service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you requested. We may also provide your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
Data Security and Integrity
The security of your information is extremely important to us. We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures that are designed to safeguard and protect your information from unauthorized access. Please be aware, though, that despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unauthorized disclosure.
We currently do not process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or other similar mechanism that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individual users who visit our Site or use our services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under 13 years old. If you suspect that we have personal information from a Child, please contact us at the contact information provided in Section 9 below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account, as applicable.
Comments and Questions
Notice to California residents: If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of our personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
Supplemental Notice for Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
- Aggregate Information means information about groups or categories of users that do not personally identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user
- Anonymous Information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual user.
- Cookie means a string of information that we store on your computer or other device, and your browser provides to us, each time you submit a query to the Site.
- IP Address means the address associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet. We do not control your IP address. It is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider.
- Our, Us, or We means neatleaf, Inc.
- Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual. Personal information includes, but is not limited to the following: (1) a first and last name, (2) a home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town, (3) an e-mail address, (4) a telephone number, (5) a social security number, (6) any other identifier that permits the physical or online contacting of a specific individual, and (7) any information we maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with an identifier described above.
- Site means our website, located at www.neatleaf.com .
- Services means our Site, as well as any processing activities we perform under our agreement with you, including collecting data from our physical cameras and processing said data on our cloud servers for you to use.
- Web Beacon means an object that is embedded in an email, web page.
- You means an individual who is of the age of majority in the state or country in which you reside.